cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor dave1234
New Contributor

wireless home broadband - outbound voip is disconnected after about 15 seconds.

Hi,

I recently moved to Upwey(victoria) and got an optus wireless home broadband as we are a Looong Way from the exchange. All seems well except for outbound calls - they are crystal clear but disconnect after about 15 seconds - the voip log on my TPLINK TD VG3631 which is connected to the Optus wireless 4g router says 'Unconnected'. Inbound calls seem fine, however if I play with the settings on the optus router (i.e. turn off firewall, turn off SIP ALG), inbound voice is muted and only outbound voice works. This worked though NBN wireless in my previous location through a Teltra router...

Engin is the service I use.

Dave

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: wireless home broadband - outbound voip is disconnected after about 15 seconds.

Hi Dave, you might have some more luck posting in the Whirlpool forums VoIP/Engin section:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/107?g=98

-------------------

Loyal Optus customer. My opinions are my own.
0 Kudos
New Contributor dave1234
New Contributor

Re: wireless home broadband - outbound voip is disconnected after about 15 seconds.

Hmmm i know all about whirlpool. This is not an engin problem. As I said the only change here is fron telstra nbn wireless to optus home wireless. 

If you do know the snswer please share in this forum

0 Kudos
New Contributor dave1234
New Contributor

OK Fingers crossed this keeps working. 

I moved my VOIP device (TPlink TD VG 3631)  to a fixed IP and made that a DMZ device in the HAUWEI. Not sure if this was required. I left all other settings on the VG and the HAUWEI  the same as they were,

EXCEPT

My VoiP provider is engin so this may not work with others.

I changed the Outbound proxy to port 5062 from 5060.

I changed register with outbound proxy to not enabled.

so the settings are

Optus HAUWEI -

enable DMZ for VG3631

enable SIP ALG (Default)

VG3631

SIP ACCOUNT Settings

Registrar port                           5060

Proxy port                                5060

Outbound Proxy port               5062

Register via outbound proxy    DISABLED

0 Kudos
New Contributor dave1234
New Contributor

OK,

That also did not work, inbound calls were intermittently getting a false 'engaged' signal. 

Checked with a different VOIP provider and they have Optus WIreless BB customers working, The trick is apparently you have to use TCP for SIP. Something to do with the Optus BB router and the way it handles NAT messes up the UDP Voip service.

Checked with Huawei and they are not able to provide 'stock' ROM for the router as they are bound by the agreement with Optus.

My original VOIP device (TPlink TD-VG3631) was unable to do TCP, Had to buy a new one (got a Cisco SPA112). This works fine with TCP selected but your VoIP provider also needs to suport TCP.

New Contributor lenikk
New Contributor

That is a probably good summary how to make it working: https://www.australianphone.com.au/support/setup-guides/263-voip-confirguration-via-wireless-modem-r...

But you need to have TCP support on both. VoIP provider and SIP device.

0 Kudos