Occasional Contributor

windows 10

how do i add my optus mail account to the new windows 10 start up menu

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: windows 10

Are you using your own mail client or the Windows Store App?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor michaelp
Occasional Contributor

its on my desktop comp in the start up window

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok I just downloaded Win 10 to see what the new mail app was. If you click add account, other account pop, imap you can start the setup procedure. Enter your Optus email address and password and hit the sign-in button. On the next screen type in the name you want to call the account and then hit sign-in again. That’s it, worked first time on mine.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

tryed that it did not work for me whats the manual way to input it

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If the connections fails an exclamation mark will appear. If you click on that you will get the option of editing the mail servers and ports.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hi michaelp, sorry you are having difficulties with your email client. You can view some information on how to setup common email clients here. However Windows 10 is so new that there aren't any specific guides for it, but you should be able to get an idea of how to do it. If you don't know your current Optus username/password, our tech support team will be more than happy to provide it. 

Also keep in mind that we recommend using POP3 protocol for your email client rather than IMAP. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

thank you the link you sent worked for me using outlook 2010 thank you

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor quandary58
Occasional Contributor

As I have the primary and it works ok..I am really convinced now that the second email account will not work..something with optus..of course they cannot enlighten me..It used to work fine on outlook express on my old WIN XP

0 Kudos