Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
franklikesemail
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

where has email gone

WHY is it, that you can no longer email optus.   Sometimes email is just better.  WHO has the time to sit on a chat.  

I tried to be smart this morning, and constructed an email style question for chat.  Dumped all the information I know that they'd ask, along with my action requests.

It looked promising, but then, I was told, for one request I'd need to CALL at business hours, and for the OTHER request I would need to be directed to another department !!  To which I KNOW I'd have to repeat my IMs again.

First.

WHY do you need to call to cancel a service. I dont get it, you KNOW you want to cancel, you KNOW the cancellation costs, and you CONFIRM your acknowledgement of these costs.  And yet, you STILL need to call.    HOWEVER, in contrast, you can sign your life away and more costs to START a contract, WITHOUT needing to call.

Some people, do NOT have the time to sit on a chat,  to have to retype the same answers to the same questions.

And I for one, avoid calling OPTUS at ALL COSTS, because of the time it takes, to have to talk to several people as they transfer you to the correct department.

It is VERY frustrating. 

Is it a ploy to avoide people cancelling a service?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: where has email gone

Hey @franklikesemail, for the security of our customers, there are many things that cannot be completed via Live Chat I'm afraid. This includes cancelling services, changing contact information, ordering replacement SIMs etc. Although things like this use to be possible, changes were made following issues with identity theft.

My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused in your situation. 

If you still need a hand, please feel free to send me a private message with the below information and I'll see what I can do from my end.

Full Name:
DOB:
Account Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
franklikesemail
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thank you, I will do that right away

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@franklikesemail, I've just replied back to your private message. 

We'll chat with you there 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
franklikesemail
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your efforts.

But your 2nd attempt at resolving the usage report request is incorrect again.

Please see my message for details, and PLEASE resolve ASAP.  I think I have waited long enough, so it would be nice to have this resolved correctly, this time, without waiting another 8 days.

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @franklikesemail, I've replied to your PM about this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos