Searching...
Accepted Solution

what is the initial username and password of Sagemcom Fast 3864AC NBN OV Modem?

weidadewo

What is the initial username and password of Sagemcom Fast 3864AC NBN OV Modem? I want to set up new password, but I was required old password and I don't know the username neither. LOL..

Re: what is the initial username and password of Sagemcom Fast 3864AC NBN OV Modem?

caaf

Hey there,

admin, admin

admin, password

admin, [no text entered]

See how you go with those?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: what is the initial username and password of Sagemcom Fast 3864AC NBN OV Modem?

Caledoz

Hi @weidadewo on my modem (and it took me a while to find out because Optus did not know or did not want to tell and the guys at Sagemcom neither) the username was: optus and the password was also : optus no capital letters.

Let me know if it worked on yours.

Good luck.

caaf

Cool, thanks for the additional information. That's surely got to be it!

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
HieuTran

HI, i tried many ways but did not work.

admin - password

admin - admin

admin - blank

optus - password

optus - optus

optus - blank

all not work, event reset modem as well

favour777

doesn't need one as it is stated under management access control:

Access to your Optus WiFi modem is controlled by two security profile options.

Default Profile - When your receive your modem from Optus, users will be able to access and change modem settings when connected via an Ethernet cable or your password protected WiFi network.

Optus Secure Profile - You can optionally choose to password protect your modem settings using this profile. With this profile users connected to your network cannot access your modem settings unless they enter a password. Please note this is separate to your WiFi password.

VoiceInMyHead

Unhelpfully wrong.  The text you cut-and-pasted even contradicts your answer.  You know, the bit where it says:

Optus Secure Profile - You can optionally choose to password protect your modem settings using this profile. With this profile users connected to your network cannot access your modem settings UNLESS THEY ENTER A PASSWORD. Please note this is separate to your WiFi password.

I'm sitting with a brand new one in front of me right now, connecting to the internet using it, so that I can search for the same information the OP asked for the same reason - so that I can change it off the default.

Dan_C

@VoiceInMyHead, are you trying to access your modem admin settings?

The username and password should appear on the rear or bottom of the modem.

I believe it's set to ADMIN ADMIN or ADMIN & Password by default.

That's if you're trying to log in via 192.168.0.1 (Service Net).

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

Caledoz

@VoiceInMyHeadWhen I got my 3864AC NBN modem, the original username was: optus and the original password was: optus.

I just got a new modem from Optus because I had problems with the 2.4Ghz WiFi, it's a Sagemcom 3864V3, it's black, standing up instead of flat, dual band, with this one, the username was also: optus but the password was different, the password was the same as the WiFi password that they give you with the modem (the one written at the back of the modem or on your card), so if optus optus does not work for you, maybe try Username: optus and Password: the one given to you for the WiFi

Make sure that username optus is all lowercase.

The admin, admin given by Optus has never worked, they either don't want you to change the password, or they don't know.

Good luck.

VoiceInMyHead

Exellent answer - that was it!

Like you, my original combination was optus / optus, but that didn't work with the new replacement.  Yesterday when I got through to a human they suggested that plus all the other combinations folks listed above.  Eventually we got to your suggestion, which was correct.  

It's baffling why they don't know what they're sending out, or why they can't keep their documentation up to date.

Many thanks for the help - I'm sure it'll help others too.  Cheers!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
45 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos