Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor 33claysoaken
New Contributor

username/password for Sagemcom 3864V3 AC

Hi,

I am trying to logon to my modem to enable IPv4 & IPv6 for my Xbox One. However, it requires user name and password for accessing Setting menus. I have not been informed my username and password. How do I know what they are?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: username/password for Sagemcom 3864V3 AC

Have you tried admin/admin, or looked on the label on the router?

0 Kudos
New Contributor 33claysoaken
New Contributor

This username/password has been suggested in the past. You can check the previous posts, lots of them, none of these worked.

It is normally everyone's first guess. I have tried all possible combinations that have been suggested or I can think of.

The label at the bottom of the router has wifi password which I don't think it should be used for a router's admin username/password. However, of cousrse I have tried it and all possible combinations.

I have done Modem/Router setting before, username and password were provided during instalation. This time we have no paperwork or a letter, not even the support help line. Appreciate it if you can give me the customer support number for Optus cable.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

You might have more luck with chat. You would have to ring the normal telephone number, which I forget.

Have you reset the modem to factory settings? It should conform to the label.

Mat02 mentions that Optus have a back entrance to the modem, in his thread about how to get into the protected admin section.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor dwnNfrustrated
Occasional Contributor

The password that worked for me was optus in lower case for User and the WiFi password on the bottom of the Modem....Optus had also offered optus123 in both fields supposedly for 'some' Sagemcom 3864v3.

0 Kudos