cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

trouble opening router login

hi I have a  sagemcom f@st 3864V3 modem and i am typing the right ip address into the web bar, But it will not open the log in page, can anyone help please?

I have tried all the google help pages and followed them but to still no avail...

i have recently just changed to this modem from the old white one..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: trouble opening router login

Hi - most unusual. If your modem is an upright F@ST 3864V3 AC or HP black model and when you log into address 192.168.0.1, are you using a PC with LAN cable or a PC or mobile device with a Wi-Fi connection. If the later, is the Wi-Fi green LED showing to indicate it is ON in the face of the modem.

If either connection method fails and you can't log-in, have you tried doing a modem Reset using a paperclip into the Reset hole for more about 5 seconds which is located on the rear of the modem whilst the power is on. You will see a red LED coming on momentarily and the modem starts the Reset process. 

I have found with these F@ST 3864V3 models, it is very easy to accidentally deactivate the Wi-Fi ON button at the rear of the modem when handling it. 

If the above does not work, worth Restarting your PC then connect to the modem with a LAN cable so it gets a fresh IP address, use another web browser or clear out your existing web browser Data Cache and History may assist. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

May (also) be your browser and/or its extensions. Depends on your operating system, but are you able to try with different browsers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks for your help guys, not sure what happened but after resetting modem it helped.
0 Kudos