Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
armarra
New Contributor
New Contributor

tp-link Mr400 ac1200 router bands compatability with optus local towers on 4G

I am interested in using an mr400 tp-link router for simm card internet.

I'm told to be careful as these routers don't support all the bands used in Australia.

I believe it should be okay in Melbourne but....famous last words.

So.. does anyone know the bands/Freq used for 4G or 4G lte in and around melbourne and perhaps I can then check if it matches those that this router supports.  

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sarah_YC

Re: tp-link Mr400 ac1200 router bands compatability with optus local towers on 4G

Hi @armarra,

Thanks for raising this with us. 

We'd recommend checking out the 4G Home Internet modems approved by Optus.

Please note that if you decide not to use the modem we supply, the support we can provide may be limited.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button ☺️ 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: tp-link Mr400 ac1200 router bands compatability with optus local towers on 4G

@armarraI suggest before buying you do allot of research to see if anyone has got it to work with Optus as Optus network does not play ball with most non branded 4G modems as their back-end locks out most non Optus modems (by back end I mean that you will not be able to access the internet if it doe snot work).

As far as I am aware, apart from my info above the only other response you will get is the one from @Sarah_YC  representing the standard optus response.

Be aware:

1) that the docs referred to are NOT accurate and do not include some Optus branded modems that they have sold in the past that work

2) Some people have gotten on branded modems to work on the oputs network, but others have failed.

Good luck.

0 Kudos