Searching...

Re: titanfall

damien1985
I got on at about 4:30 to check if it works and I played 1 game. Hopefully when I get on for a good session in a couple of hours it is still good

Hitchey

Optus, I have a full wireshark recording of the outage, and I'm willing to hand the recording over to your networks ops team, or your "key engineers who are working on the problem". I'm not letting a recording of my network be handballed all over your company.

The juicy bits are that it is trying to contact 207.46.224.89 over and over and over again..... its Singapore. The private lobby is being set up in Singapore, then it moves to a Australian server for the gameplay. Just like we suspected.

It is using 27005 as the port on your PC, and trying to contact pago-services1, which is usually port 30001. Interestingly, this port can sometimes be blocked by provider if malformed data comes through, because that can also be used to DDOS. Malformed data.... or missing blocks due to congestion would do the trick.

Not saying this is happening here, but I just found it interesting.

Here is a trace route of that address.

Tracing route to 207.46.224.89 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.100.2
2 8 ms 10 ms 7 ms 10.105.0.1
3 14 ms 14 ms 12 ms sun1-ge11-0-2.gw.optusnet.com.au [198.142.164.20
9]
4 22 ms 23 ms 23 ms 198.142.250.193
5 52 ms 22 ms 23 ms 198.142.139.114
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 135 ms 134 ms 134 ms BHA-0017.gw1.hkg3.asianetcom.net [61.14.134.92]

10 138 ms * 138 ms xe0-0-0.gw2.hkg9.asianetcom.net [61.14.157.174]

11 147 ms 139 ms 149 ms 61.8.59.26
12 167 ms 169 ms 169 ms xe-2-0-1-0.sin-96cbe-1a.ntwk.msn.net [207.46.34.
190]
13 168 ms 167 ms 167 ms 191.234.80.53
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 *

...and thats enough, it times out to the end of the 30th hop.

Better pass this onto your techs and get back to us! Smiley Happy

MagicBoomstick

wow, nicely done hitchey!

Hitchey

Kinda easy when your job title says Data Communications Subject Matter Expert LOL

WitzIsAwesome
Luck ran out. That was short lived.....

MagicBoomstick

hahahaha! nice nice.
tried to connect again. no dice. worst part is coz i work during the day. otherwise if i work during the evening ill most likely be able to go online..... i shouldve read up more about the issue with titanfall before buying it. like everyone else, im trully annoyed

Hitchey

If they dont get back to me, or try to squash it, I'm pretty confident I know that the problem is and what they are doing about it.... I'll be sending them a good bye and good luck card LOL Smiley Happy 

They probably hate me by now, but oh well.

Highlighted

hyrola

Been trying all ***** afternoon and haven't been able to get into one round. 

I get to the lobby, loads the round and when you finally get into choose your pilot class etc. it says "retrying connection to the server" and always drops. 

That is of course if I even get that far. I get "lost connection to the server" when trying to click play from the first menu, and also when searching for games to play. 

The problem here is the more I try to get into a game, the more I want to play... the more I want to play, the more I get annoyed when I can't get in. 

So at this stage, I am beyond angry, I literally need to have a beer or two to calm down then go back to playing BF4. 

How many ***** pages of people more does Optus need before they start with looking for a real solution? 

I refuse to call tech support and be left on hold for an hour to have it drop out when someone is about to answer (happens way to often) OR I refuse to finally get through then have to speak to someone from Delhi who cannot speak English and I find myself having to repeat everything i say 3 or 4 times before he understands, only for him to ask If i have tried to update the firmware on my router, or if I've tried to format my pc today... 

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

conroyyy
@ Hitchey, is the Private Lobby in Singapore something Respawn can address? I don't quite understand why we need to go to Singapore still if we're using the Australian Beta server?

Tical
this is a joke! so I am paying optus not to play games?
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
86 Kudos
80 Kudos
63 Kudos
36 Kudos
35 Kudos