cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

terrible, terrible... and more terrible

switching to optus has been a dreadful experience - i have been calling through about my terrible internet for 4 days. ive had internet for a bit, but recently moved into my house. I pay $100 per month for the fastest speed, and get 3.1mps. 4 days of that ridiculous hold music, 4 days of selecting options (always the correct ones, with someone from billing or phone internet picking up, to transfer me to broadband) only to be on hold for an hour then being disconnected. by far the worst customer experience ever. Tonight, i was listening to optus hold music from 8.30pm to now 12 midnight, to be told "we are upgrading, you have to wait"

Can anyone please assist is giving me some direction on who to speak to, or if there is an email adress to someone from their marketing department even so i can speak to someone, ANYONE. I cant take the hold music anymore...

9 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: terrible, terrible... and more terrible

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Optus chat is a lot better. iiNet and Aussie Broadband probably even better than that.

Your speed pack is obviously not helping. At those speeds, there may be a line fault, rather than Optus congestion. I presume you are on NBN VDSL and have just one Sagemcom 3684 router modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have tried optus chat, they always request i leave a number because "all their technicians are busy"

Im currently running broadband cable internet. Not nbn. I was last night after posting that message told that the network is undergoing maintenance and i "just have to wait"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Were you on ADSL before? How fast did it go?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just moved in to a new house, Its a new hook up. I had adsl2+ in my previous apartment and speeds were only 2.5 mbps with tpg. I specifically mentioned this fact to optus and that I want to avoid it, which they recommended paying extra for higher speeds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

It would have been that speed on ADSL at your last house, because you were 4km from the exchange. Are you any closer on this one?

See if the Cable speed peps up when the technician claims to have fixed it.

If your usage is low, then one of the 4G 100GB or 140GB plans are an option. The 100GB mont to month includes unmetered TV, even though not mentioned.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My 6-week experience with signing up to Optus has been a nightmare = faulty router, new router with the wrong sim, sent a modem I didn't need or want, endless waiting on the phone, operators hanging up,,, offline for four days because of wrong products and unable to get accurate data reading or connect to my account page ... what a rude shock after y years of great service with iinet, but having to ditch home phone and go for mobile broadband.

Finally got some help by going to the shop, buit now nightmare resumes after not being able to get account info for billing/possible extra data use, so will have to go to the shop again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Gabes18, it does sound like you're off to a difficult start.

Rather than heading into the store, I can pull up your account info from my end.

Feel free to send us a private message. I need your full name, DOB and the service number. If you can't locate the service number, send us whatever you can find.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thats really awesome for @@Gabes18, but interestingly ive recieved no offers from optus to private message for support. My internet still isnt functioning correctly!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry @josephg, didn't mean to ignore you.

You're more than welcome to send us a PM. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos