Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Jit1437
New Contributor

several outages in my area in Mt Waverley

Hi

Has anyone in my area experienced many outages in the last few months?

What is happening because I have been with Optus for many years and this break down in landline and internet connections are occuring too frequently

The tech team said it has to do with node problem

Can anyone enlighten me

Jit

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: several outages in my area in Mt Waverley

Hey Jit, thanks for raising this with us and I'm sorry to hear there have been frequent issues in your area. On my end I can check the network for any recent fault tickets that may shine more light on the problem. Can you confirm which network you are using? (ADSL, HFC or NBN)

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jit1437
New Contributor

Hi

I believe I have HFC connection

The number of times when I spoke to a tech person he offered no reason for the outage except that it had to do with some node issue and that the team was looking into the problem

I asked for more details and each time none was given

I feel that they have not been forthright about how they were fixing the real problem

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

@Jit1437 Appreciate this would be frustrating 😞

I can see that there are two interruptions in the area right now - one that's been cleared and one that is open.

With that being said, your service may not be on the Node affected as I'm viewing it as a whole.

Can you please PM me with your account number/username so we can narrow it down for you?

Alternatively, please search your address here. If the interruption is affecting you it'll give you the option to log your service as affected so that we can keep you up to date. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jit1437
New Contributor

I can't PM nor search what you have suggested

What is the benfit of my looking at the site suggested

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Oh that's bizarre, what happens when you try to send a PM?

The site suggested will allow you to search your full address to check if you are using the affected node. From here you can follow the "report your fault" link to send us your details for automatic updates while we investigate.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors