Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor sportsstars
New Contributor

sending emails

we have just switched to optus and we are having severe troubles sending emails which is driving me crazy. i have made sure all email accounts are configured correctly. They worked perfectly with our old provider and with my provider at home....it is just optus.  I seem to recall i had this problem when we had optus at home years ago. how to i fix it? i have tried using mail.optusnet.com.au as outgoing server but this did not help at all

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: sending emails

Maybe you need to open the ports on your modem?

Regards

Peter gillespei

0 Kudos
New Contributor sportsstars
New Contributor

my email addresses are not optus addresses. they are with my websites....that info doesnt seem to work - i already tried the optus outgoing server info.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Some internet service providers block port 25 and unless you can get them to open up this port you won’t be able to send mail using your own outgoing mail servers. There are 2 options to get around this. The first is to simply use Optus outgoing mail server without authentication or the second option is to get your hosting provider to run another instance of your outgoing mail server on say port 26.

If you decide to use Optus as your outgoing mail server just make sure you don’t have the option ticked that says use my incoming mail server username and password for my outgoing mail server. There should be nothing in the outgoing username and password fields just the Optus mail server and port 25.

0 Kudos