Searching...

secondary email acc0unts have disappeared

Kate82

Hi there,

Hoping for some help. Have constacted general help desk and technical, no luck.
Have had Optus Account for nearly 20 years
HAD 1 primary username and email account and
4 secondary usernames and email accounts ( maximum allowed 5)
Recently when accessing emails I received error messages pertaining to the secondary emails
”password incorrect”
Eventually I went into “My Account” then Member services, on the Optus website
i selected View Use-names.
Only the Primary Account (mine) displayed.
I selected Add Usernames
tried to reinstate the original 4 secondary email/username accounts
returned an error message;
”you can only create 0 mailboxes”

All emails and information pertaining to these secondary accounts are no longer accessible and I have lost all the history as well. I need these to be reinstated as one of the accounts is for my elderly mother and is listed with her doctors and government services as her contact.

please ca anyone help. Technical support have just reset the passwords, which expires in a couple of days, it works to access the emails but because I cannot view, update usernames/email accounts via member services how do I change the email passwords so that they remain permanently available.

cheers and thanks in advance

kate

Re: secondary email acc0unts have disappeared

Toomey

Hey Kate, this is an unusual one, my apologies for the difficulties.

When you say you're trying to update the passwords via Member Service, do you mean My Account? From here you should be able to go to My Optus Email Accounts > Change Password against the email  you want to update.

If this isn't working, we'll need to log in from our end to troubleshoot. Please fee free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can check it out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
39 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
19 Kudos