cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

sagemcom f@st 5366 lte port forwarding

Re: sagemcom f@st 5366 lte port forwarding
I’m having exact same problem. Mine however is from a Raspberry Pi on my lan network. The ports I’m opening are set on the Pi and on the 5366 lte but no joy when pinging from outside source. I have static IP too and NAT is enabled. However that firewall issue previously mentioned concerns me. I’ve already had to ditch my 5G broadband because there was no static IP included or port forward through a VPN. They said no probs you need NBN.
Got that and the static IP but now can’t forward ports. Any ideas people ?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

From the previous post, the changing or disable the firewall rule resolve the issue. Have you check the your firewall rules or try another port?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks for reply. I can’t do anything about the firewall on the 5366. It is set in stone (so wrong). I have released the ports in/out through defender in one PC on the LAN but that did nothing, still closed. I’m going through other ports now to check.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

also, have a look at windows firewall. One user reported that Microsoft updated its firewall rules with the recent update.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey all, I have spent heaps of time testing out everyone’s ideas but to no avail. Ports (all of them) inbound blocked by the hard coded firewall. I got a Nokia 5G Gateway and had it Up and forwarding ports in less than 15mins. It’s firewall said Medium setting with pinholes to ports but wasn’t locked. I still went and forwarded some ports to see if it would work, and it did.
So thanks all for ideas ( learnt a lot ).
Peace ✌️
Scott
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Posting this again for peeps with this modem issue (5366) and port forwarding . Get rid of it and do the Nokia 5G gateway modem.
“ Re: sagemcom f@st 5366 lte port forwarding
Hey all, I have spent heaps of time testing out everyone’s ideas but to no avail. Ports (all of them) inbound blocked by the hard coded firewall. I got a Nokia 5G Gateway and had it Up and forwarding ports in less than 15mins. It’s firewall said Medium setting with pinholes to ports but wasn’t locked. I still went and forwarded some ports to see if it would work, and it did.”
So thanks all for ideas ( learnt a lot ).
Peace ✌️
Scott
0 Kudos