cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: sagemcom f@st 5366 lte port forwarding

I’m having exact same problem. Mine however is from a Raspberry Pi on my lan network. The ports I’m opening are set on the Pi and on the 5366 lte but no joy when pinging from outside source. I have static IP too and NAT is enabled. However that firewall issue previously mentioned concerns me. I’ve already had to ditch my 5G broadband because there was no static IP included or port forward through a VPN. They said no probs you need NBN.
Got that and the static IP but now can’t forward ports ffs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Scottyk49 

Optus blocks certain port on the network level not on the router level, and they don't disclose which ports they are.

What are the port forwarding setting that you have set on the 5366?

What service/program are you trying to open up on the Pi?

What type of NBN (FTTN, FTTC, etc)  do you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks for reply. I’m trying to forward port 28967 for my wired LAN. I’m just using my Pi on it for HDD file storage. I’ve got the FTTC. I tried win defenders setting which is on a PC on my wifi LAN but that didn’t help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Scottyk49 

28967 doesn't appear to be a common port, so I doubt its being blocked by Optus.

You said that you get no joy pinging it from an outside source, but is it supposed to respond to ping? The target software on the Pi has to be programmed to respond to a ping. Just because a port is opened does not mean that it will automatically respond to a ping.

Have you ever used this Pi with another ISPs internet connection and have it accessible remotely? In other words, do you know that the Pi is configured correctly to be accessed from the internet?

What outside source are you using? What ISP, and what type, (i.e. fixed line or mobile)?

As you have FTTC you could temporarily connect the Pi directly to the NBN box for testing to rule out/in the 5366 as the cause of the blockage. But be warned that without the 5366 in front of it there will be no firewall protection for the Pi (and anything connected to it) so all security will be the responsibility of the Pi.

0 Kudos