cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

sagemcom f@st 5366 lte port forwarding

i recently "upgraded" to nbn and with that was supplied with a new modem. i've been attempting to open ports and haven't had any success with any port or combination of settings. from scouring google and these forums i haven't found much of a solution other than it being related to the firewall setting being locked. does anyone know any way around this? thanks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: sagemcom f@st 5366 lte port forwarding

Port forwarding is use to solve specific problems. You haven't said exactly which problem you are trying to solve (i.e. what program/device is not working) or exactly which setting you have tried.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i am trying to host a server on port 25565 using tcp/udp and the identical settings i used on my old modem but when i try to check the ports they time out or can't be found.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

How are you running the test? Are you running the test locally in your network using the public IP address, or are you running it externally from a different site, or through a different internet connection?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i'm running the test using canyouseeme from the same network using my public ip
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You have run into a known issue with 5366's.

In order to use your public IP from within your local network the router has to support "NAT Loopback", and the 5366's don't support that. You will have to initiate your test from an external network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

even testing through external networks shows the ports as being closed and when attempting to connect to the server either internally or externally fails.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i found the issue and i feel dumb for not noticing, apparently windows defender thought the network was public and was blocking my pc from forwarding any ports, thanks for the help regardless.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Glad its working now.

Is it working when you test it locally with the public IP? I haven't heard of the NAT Loopback being fixed, so I'd be interested to know if its working for you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i had to connect with my ipv4 but other people successfully connected with the port.
0 Kudos