Searching...
Accepted Solution

sagemcom F@ST 3864 user manual

[ Edited ]
bobby_x_m

Hi

Just started using this wifi modem (very nice!) - is there a user manual available for it?

I'm trying to set up a printer.

I've found some helpful stuff in this post (https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Configuring-Static-IP-Address-for-Epson-Wirele... but I'm not sure if its enough to get me there with my model (HP P1102w).

Thanks

Re: sagemcom F@ST 3864 user manual

Julz

Hey bobby - following the steps in the post you linked, where are you at in regards to getting it all connected.

Are looking to connect the Printer wirelessly? 

Here is the link to the user guide, however it doesn’t include steps for connecting printers.

Have you got the manual from the printer? You'll need to know the port it uses & how to enter advanced settings. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

bobby_x_m

Hi Julz

all good!

I can print from both my windows and linux machines without cables - very sweet.

Thank you

Solution

sagemcom F@ST 3864 usb access

[ Edited ]
bobby_x_m

Hi Julz

Initially had some trouble getting the multimedia access working but eventually got there  following the excellent directions at https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Multimedia-on-Sagemcom-F-st-3864-Router/m-p/75...

Thanks again!

timothyhili

I have been fiddlling with this router for weeks to get the usb working. I worked out the hard drive sharing but I am stuck with the printer. How did you get your printer working

[ Edited ]
Toddah777

Hi timothyhili, here's a possible fix for you.

I've seen this issue on a number of threads looking to resolve the same thing myself.  I have seen no-one actually crack this yet... however, I have and thought I owed it to the rest here to publish my fix on the relevant threads.

Okay, after much searching I have finally got my HP PSC 1210 to at least print (no success in picking up the scanner, at least with the HP PSC 1210) via the Sagemcom print server.

I had to review a manual for another brand of device that cracked it for me.

This is the procedure that I've learned:

1. Set up the printer in the print server portion of the Sagemcom modem/router.  Remember what you've used for the printer name, you will need it later where I use PrinterName.  (Don't use spaces or special characters in the name.)

2. (I'll assume Windows 7 or later at this stage) Go to Printers and Devices and select the 'Add a printer' option.

3. Select 'Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer' option and click 'Next'.

4. Whilst the computer is searching, select the 'The printer that I want isn't listed' option and click 'Next'.

5. In the next dialogue box, 'Find a printer by name or TCP/IP address', select the 'Select a shared printer by name' option, and then enter the following (here's where PrinterName appears, so use the printer name you selected in Step 1):

http://192.168.0.1:631/printers/PrinterName

6. Then click 'Next'.  (It took a little while for mine to detect and progress...)

7. If successful, you will be presented with a dialogue for installing your printer driver.  I will need to assume that you are able to manually install a printer (if not, please consult the myriad of internet resources that should be able to assist).

8. Once you have completed the manual printer installation, you should be presented with a box telling you that: 'You've successfully added PrinterName on http://192.168.0.1:631'.  Click 'Next'.

9. You will now have the opportunity to print a test page by clicking 'Print a test page'.  Now, my first attempt to do so yielded no test page, but I clicked 'Finish', and went back into the Printer Properties via the printer icon in Devices and Printers and tried again from there, which then worked.

gary55wands

Hi Jules,

I noted that you had posted a link to a manual for the sagemcom F@ST3864 modem, unfortunately it no longer works.

Are you able to provide it again?

Thanks

Gazza

Hollie

Heya gary55wands

I can try source one for you or alternatively we may be able to assist via the Community page Smiley Happy What were you needing a hand with?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

gary55wands

Hi Hollie,

I want to re-establish my WLAN, it worked fine on my old modem router but I cannot even get close to seeing how it can be run using the modem /router that Optus have supplied. there is simply no help provided.

The optus "techs" say ring Sagem and provided a number. Sagem advise that this modem is only supported by Optus.

If I can get a manual I have a starting point.

Jax_K

Hi gary55wands

Here is a link to our Modem user guides. Let us know how you get on or if you need a hand with anything else Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
117 Kudos
52 Kudos
36 Kudos
27 Kudos
23 Kudos