Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mickeyjb
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

sagemcom 3864AC

Hi.

I have a Sagemcom 3864AC router which acts only as extra ethernet ports for my otherwise good mesh wifi system.

It has a USB port to which I have connected an external HDD which I use to transfer files from computer to computer across the network.  For this purpose it works quite well.  But while I was setting it up and testing it, I added a username which I can now not remove.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: sagemcom 3864AC

If you have added security that you can't remove (forgotten password/username etc), you will need to factory reset the Sagem to remove this setting.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
mickeyjb
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: sagemcom 3864AC

Thanks.  I sorta tried to avoid that.  But since I only had ONE setting to reset if I did it, I decided to reset the thingis the way to go.

I had to rehash the IPs, but all is back to normal.  And the other username is gone, and I have set it up the way I wanted to in the first place, so thanks 🙂

MJB

0 Kudos
Top Contributors