Searching...

ripped off for data when internet not working

Zitty

So has anyone else been ripped off with a data charge even though the internet was NOT working and the staff said that i could use my phone as a hot SPOT?

Re: ripped off for data when internet not working

Yeldarb

No I have never read that before as mobile data charges are not the same as fixed internet services.

petergdownload

There does seem to be some room for misunderstanding here. 

You can always use your mobile for a hotspot and staff suggesting you can use it while your landline internet is good advice in a pinch. But did the staff say (explicetly) we will give you extra data on your mobile plan to cover  more downloads?

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Yes probably an off the cuff remark saying you can always use your hotspot if your fixed services go down. There have been many complaints on this topic but I have never read of an Optus staff member offering mobile data as a replacement. I would suspect that any person with a recurring fault would be offered the assistance kit that Dan has often spoken about well before tethering became an option.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Optus-Internet-Assistance-Kit/ba-p/189501

Dan_C

Hmm, it's plausible. 

It's recently been brought to my attention that we're low on Internet assistance kit stock.

I'm not sure how this was communicated to frontline staff, but they have been directed to offer a credit towards data (as interim solution).

There are conditions. It's not a matter of using as much data as you see fit. We'll credit the account towards a specific amount of data, for example - $50.00 towards 5GB of data. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

Low on the assistance kits Dan? That doesn't sound very encouraging. Smiley Indifferent 

Dan_C

I'll need to follow up.I received the report back on the 02/11/18. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

Ah that's not what I meant . Smiley Tongue

Dan_C

Haha, I only took a quick glance at this one! Not enough time for my brain to register your hilarity! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos