Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor rivermouth
New Contributor

renew access via FTP to web site

Hi

Trying to find a solution to access to ftp to several web pages/sites linked to Optus email addresses for both my friend and myself.  I have spent hours and hours on multiple phone on many days to optus tech centre where the staff have no idea what FTP is or about members web sites/space and only today a supervisor was at least point me to you to ask the Question as to how to reactivate the access to web pages.

Apparently during some upgrade over past year or so many optus users lost ftp access to their web pages and cannot upload or modify their web site/pages.

I have five which are: rivermouth, altenergy, bccshame, airpollution, minnippi and my friend's site geobioantennae.

Please reactivate FTP access to the six sites ASAP.  I am best contacted on my own domain email address of *personal info hidden*

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: renew access via FTP to web site

Hi rivermouth,

We've hidden your personal information on our public page.

This is not something we can assist with here on our customer forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us choosing the Home Phone/Broadband/NBN > Technical Issues option

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor whattalkingyou
Contributor

Hi,

Optus used to provide help pages for this, but they've long since disappeared with all the old help pages now pointed to more generic help.  The last version of the old help page I can find is at https://web.archive.org/web/20080720051716/https://memberservices.optuszoo.com.au/webservices/webspa...

Regardless, you should be able to login to your member's webspace using the below :-

• FTP Host : members.optusnet.com.au
  • FTP Port : 21
  • Username : Your OptusNet username (without the optusnet.com.au or optushome.com.au bit on the end)
  • Password : the password for that username/mailbox (may not be the same as your modem password)

FTP login.png

Probably easier to use a FTP client rather than doing via command line.

It's possible that over the years your username has changed - especially if you have moved between access types (so username1@optusnet.com.au may have become username1@optusnet.com.au if you have moved from HFC to DSL or NBN).  In those cases the old webspace (and anything it contained) may have been removed.

In case the password is not letting you in or you have forgotten it, phone support or LiveChat should be able to fix it if you tell them you've "forgotten your mail password".  Don't confuse them by talking about FTP - but both use the same password.

---

Spoiler
Please note that I am not employed by Optus and the information provided is (at best) general only.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

Tags (3)
New Contributor

Thanks to person who has enough knowledge who has been able to give me the information which I have looking for over several hours on the phone calls to Optus (*moderated*).  Optus technical staff have absolutely NO IDEA what FTP is or what it means,or even what is is for.  What a lack of training the TECH services have and their computers do not even have any information with which they could learn from to assist customers. Again many thanks to those responded to my request for information.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

pathetic service

0 Kudos