Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Goodvalue
New Contributor

removal of the redundant overhead cable

Hello,

At my property, I have inherited from the previous owner an Optus cable from the street to my house. This cable is now sagging to such an extent that I could feasibly reach/jump up and grab it. Clearly I do not intend on doing so but when thinking of the family playing games on the lawn I can forsee this could be a hazard with the bat and ball. As a result I am requesting that the cable and connections be disconnected and removed from my property.

Despite having a webpage that recognises such situations the advice provided is somewhat lacking. After a series of frustrating calls to the customer service phone line advertised I was unable to connect through to a human being! I am trusting this service will be of more value and improve my impressions of service from Optus. Please note I am not an Optus customer and thus do not have customer id details.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Occasional Contributor TheBaconson2
Occasional Contributor

Re: removal of the redundant overhead cable

Well I am an optus customer and today spent over an hour getting the run around for their call centre about a cable IN USE by 3 houses across the road from me that is hanging on the ground in my yard. They don't care about a cable that is in use connecting customers, they aren't going to care about one that isn't in use.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor SuperSusan
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem with many others that have posted on this forum of a low hanging Optus cable that needs to be removed from the front of my house to the street pole.  The customer service hotline is hopeless and unable to help after 1 hour on the hone. The same scripted answers fron Optus customer service as posted by others in the forum that I am not an Optus customer and thus cannot help me.  I was able to lodge a request to remove a cable through your chat line on 4th October 2017 and was given an email confirmation that I will receive a call from a technical personnel within two days. 15 days has gone by and no call and the cable is still hanging dangerously low in my front yard next to a tree.  It is a potential fire hazard and thus the urgency to have it removed.

Can someone PLEASE contact me <removed for privacy> and have this resolved.  Thank You.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi @SuperSusan, sorry to hear that this is yet to be resolved 😞

Can you please PM me with your contact number and the address where the pole is located so we can chase this up?

Just a heads up, I've removed the phone number from your post - recommend not posing your details on such a public forum. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor SuperSusan
Occasional Contributor

Hi I don;t know how to PM you.  My contact number was given on the message. Please call me at <removed for privacy> 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi SuperSusan, I've replied to your PM.

Again, please don't post your contact number on a public forum. Just for your own security purposes 🙂

I've removed the contact number and we'll chat with you further through PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos