cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor serravenger
New Contributor

port forwarding on f@st 3864

As the heading implies am looking for help to port forward my f@ast 3864 modem. Have looked at at PortForward.com and can't find what i am aftfer.

I have all the Ip's and port numbers i need to open, am just having trouble finding where to and how to create the rule in the modem.

0 Kudos
41 Replies
RetiredModerator Julz
RetiredModerator

Re: port forwarding on f@st 3864

Hello there,
I'm afraid we don't support the feature, that's not to say that it's not possible. I found → http://bit.ly/NbVv3L which might offer some assistance. I don't have the specific insturctions here however I think this may work:
Enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser > hit Advanced Settings > Advanced Set-up > NAT > Port Triggering.
If I can get more info, I'll pass it on. Let me know if you have success & the required steps.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
New Contributor daninjaXD
New Contributor

Tried to port forward port 25565 (TCP/UDP) but http://www.canyouseeme.org/ cant see the port.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor FTTHnewbie
Occasional Contributor

I tried to open ports to my solar monitor today without success. This is usually very easy with most routers, surely Optus haven't removed the facility from the Sagemcom?

New Contributor nemgus
New Contributor

Hi All,

I have the same issue trying to get Squeezebox radio stations to work, I have tried the Port Triggering with no success. I too have all the port numbers but have no place to put them. Has anyone had any success in getting port forwarding working?

0 Kudos
Contributor jonsyd
Contributor

Rather than going to the triggering section, if you select virtual servers, you can add rules there. Some routers call it this including this one. Have been able to get the things that don't support UPNP working this way
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes I think that port triggering is for a device on the LAN to open ports to incoming traffic.

Virtual servers should open ports but I found that it depends how you login to the Sagemcom to make anything happen.

I managed to get one machine with port 80 open but using the same procedure to open port 21 for FTP access didn't work.

This is my first experience with Optus and I expected something like port forwarding to be needed and available to everyone.

Eventually I gave up and decided to cancel my contract, see this thread with others raising concerns about the Sagemcom. https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/bd-p/Broadband

However to be fair to the support team I was telephoned today by them and assured that my questions will be looked at.

0 Kudos
Contributor jonsyd
Contributor

Might be because you can FTP to external drives when they're connected. You could just get your FTP server to listen on a second port and forward that to it, much more secure that way too anyway.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip, I will try setting a different listening port as soon as I can get someone to visit. I will also try SSH and Telnet on ports 22 and 23 and post what happens.

However if the Sagemcom is set for FTP to an external drive it does seem strange (to me)  that FTP is one of the options in the virtual servers list and any local ip can be set as the destination. Still I will keep an open mind and give it a go, as you can appreciate it is a bit difficult doing this from overseas.

0 Kudos
New Contributor nemgus
New Contributor

I tried the virtual server option to get my squeezebox playing radio but still no luck. no matter which option I try i get no response from the ports I think I have opened. There does seem to be something blocking various ports which is odd, my plex server had the router self configure! I think I may buy another router.

0 Kudos