cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: port forwarding on f@st 3864

Hi Dan_DS,

I had the IT company come out again today to try the suggestions.

He set up the port forwarding in the virtual server but unfortunately the ports do not open. It seems this is what other people on here and whirlpool have also said. The Sagemcom lets you put those settings in, but the ports do not open.

No matter which settings he tried, he was not able to connect to an open port with Remote Desktop for example.

I am so disappointed. I would be very grateful if you or your Sagem wizard friend had any other ideas.

I'm at a loss what to do? I was really hoping to stay with Optus, your bundle unlimited special was what got me hooked, but if I cannot get port forwarding to work and view my security cameras, I would be better off going back to Telstra cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hmmm, that's not a good outcome 😞

Please leave it with me over the weekend, the expert I need to speak to has left the office for the day. I'll speak to him on monday and find out his experience, he said he has done it at his house so he'll definitely be able to clarify why it isn't working for you

Thanks for your patience!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the private message Dauntless2015, closing this thread now 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to add my voice as one who has been unable to get port forwarding to work.

I am trying to set up a remote desktop connection and an inbound VPN connection to my home computer.

In the advanved setup of the SAGEMCOM router under Virtual Servers I have set up port forwarding and selected the NBN/ppp1.1 interface. Should I use this interface or one of the others such as BNG/eth4.3?

Under Security>IP filtering > Incoming I have set it up to allow the relevant incoming ports. Here I am given the option of selecting all of the interfaces which I have done.

I have set up a fixed LAN ip address for the computer.

I have found out my WAN ip address which is of course dynamic but remains constant for sufficient time to try the connection.

IT DOES NOT WORK

By the way, on the router menu Device info > WAN The status of Internet-NBN is given as "connecting" while the status of Internet -BNG is given as "connected". More surprising the status of Voice-NBN is given as "unconfigured".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

EUREKA

I have got port forwarding to work by selecting "use interface" "Internet-BNG/eth4.3".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Similar frustration.  Something is happening behind the scenes here that seems to be frustrating alot of us.

I have setup my Virtual Servers (just like I have done on countless other devices).  I can see the port is open from within my network, but as soon as I try it from the outside I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

brendon@dev ~ $ sudo nmap -A -O -vvv 192.168.0.5 | grep 8081
Discovered open port 8081/tcp on 192.168.0.5

brendon@dev ~ $ sudo nmap -A -O -vvv <myoutsideIP> | grep 8081
brendon@dev ~ $

I noticed that if goto SECURITY - INCOMING [Incoming IP Filtering Setup]

There is a default entry in there that I cannot remove.  Could this be causing the issue?

Selection_026.jpg

Selection_027.jpg

I have turned off the LAN side firewall and disabled IGMP Snooping inside the LAN settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Dan_DS (Moderator) wrote:

1st Jun ‎2015 at 6:12pm

Thanks for the private message Dauntless2015, closing this thread now Smiley Happy

After reading the thread, it feels similar to missing Part 2 of the Simpsons’ episode “Who Shot Mr. Burns?”

As port forwarding on the Sagemcom F@ST 3864 appears to be a bit of a problem and one that I will probably face in the future, I think that closing a thread without revealing any possible solution to the problem contravenes the whole purpose of My Optus Community.

I think the members who viewed the thread (over 8,000 views) deserve a response to the following three questions:.

1. Have Serravenger and Dauntless2015 solved their respective port forwarding problems?;

2. If so, what was or were the solutions; and

3. Was it Maggie?

Greg

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had the same problem - turns out you can't test the forward internally - it won't reflect the internal connection attempt to the external IP address back internally.

To confirm, Sagemcom F@ST 3864 firmware version 8.342.3_F@ST5350_Optus, and I've made the following config and diagnostic steps:

1. Configured 4 internal IP cameras with static LAN IPs .201 - .204, and confirmed I could talk to them on those IP addresses on the LAN.

2. Configured Advanced Settings -> Advanced Setup -> NAT -> Virtual Servers to forward port 8081 externally to .201, 8082 to .202, etc. I configured each camera to be on the same port as the external forward to simplify things - tested it internally, and it works.

3. Configured Advanced Settings -> Advanced Setup -> Security -> IP Filtering -> Incoming to allow the 8081:8084 port range

I had to reboot the sagemcom at this point, but then it worked externally (though not internally).

At this point you'd set up a dynamic dns service and it should work fine (though, annoyingly, if you have an setup on your phone for example, you'll need to have the cameras added twice - once for when you're on your home network, and once for when you're outside your home network.)

Jon.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well, new to Optus, and same issues trying to setup connection to my Raspberry pi for my L2TP VPN. No matter what I try, I cannot get the ports to open at all whether it be in port triggering, virtual servers and even trying to setup a DMZ doesn't work. 

THis is basic functionality and never had issues with doing this before. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Might be worth chatting to your own IT tech if you need a hand still krysinello. As much as we can try and point you in the right direction, its not within our support boundaries to assist when this fails. 

0 Kudos