Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

plan swap and low speed

Good day Optus,

moved from CBD to Inner West. My connection changed from NBN to ADSL.
Average download speed 3~4 mbps

Average upload speed 600-700 kbps

That is to/from Optus server, I'm not talking abot actual use of worldwide resources.

I'm on a 80$ plan with a boost pack.

So the question is why do I pay so much and receive a service back from the 90s?

optus_03.01.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: plan swap and low speed

Distance to the exchange is normally the reason for slower adsl speeds. Do you know how far away you are?

https://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No idea. And why should I care?

I pay for a certain service and provider acknowledges that technicaly there are no pitfalls in the way.

What's the 80$ speeds with a boost? 25/5 mbps? So I even don't get a quarter. 

If Optus can't give me the speeds I'm paying for, then I suppose a refund and lower monthly payments sounds fair.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@young_str,m.

We don't expect you to know the ins and outs of the ADSL network but distance from the exchange is the primary factor in determining the maximum theoretical speed of your service. There's no set speed for ADSL services, there's too many variables - The TIO acknowledges this fact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos