Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

optus broadband Sagemcom F@ST 3864 WiFi modem.

Hi,

I'm looking into changing my internet provider, can anyone tell me if you sign up do you have to use the supplied modem namely the Sagemcom F@ST 3864??? if so are there any issues with its quality? 

Regards

Clive

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: optus broadband Sagemcom F@ST 3864 WiFi modem.

Hi

You will need to use the Sagemcom to initially connect to Optus internet.   If you don't have a home phone you should then be able to use your own modem.   They are lots of comments on this forum regarding the quality of the wifi so I would suggest you search this forum starting with the search for Sagemcom F@st.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: optus broadband Sagemcom F@ST 3864 WiFi modem.

Clive,

I'm a current Optus customer who is totally cheesed off with Optus's idea of customer service.   The best thing you could do with the Sagemcom modem when you change provider is to throw the cheap piece of rubbish in the bin.   There are far superior modem/routers in the market place but make sure your new provider, unlike Optus, uses a standard VoIP protocol if you want to keep your home phone.