Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

only 2 ports working on a 4 port modem help to fix required

Hi all

Just a quick update on above topic and I will included the non functional landline as on the 21-5-20 I spoke with a optus tech and we discussed issues relating to the second  replacement modem received as  in nonfunctional 3-4 ports on modem and the landline not working He could  not fix the problem therefore he requested a case manager to deal with issues and said they would contact me within 24-48 hours. The CM called on the 26-5-20 to deal with the issues  however could not said he would call me back 24-48 hours to definitely fix the problem received a 2 second call last night 29-5-20 which I missed  as I am a shift worker in a health service however I called optus back whereby the person did say they would send an email to my CM and then said he would call me back within 5-10 minutes. I received a call from him this morning 30-5-20 11.30ish he request me to push/find the wps I was still at work which I explained and comment that I would when I got home at 4pm. He agreed and said he would contact me then 4pm. It is now 6pm no phone call.

This is a saga

1. original modem frozen on the 2-5-20 numerous msg to and fro

2. new modem ordered 5-5-20

3. received first replacement modem 13-5-20 installed on the 14-5-20 port 3-4 and landline didn't work requested  optus help which failed to resolve issue.

4. Called optus on the Saturday 16-5-20 with these concerns they recommended a replacement which I received on the 21-5-20 not bad eh. no working port 3-4 or landline on optus modem.

5. Currently I am using port 1-2 from new optus modem Ethernet cable plugged into a 5 port switch whereby I can access my other networked device.

Question 1. Can optus access my modem remotely? 2. I have a large monthly account with optus 100/40 fetch tv and 2 mobile phone, do they treat everyone like this? 6-7 years customer al;ways pay bill on time! IS anyone else having issues with the F@st 5366 TN? Sorry I expect a service I am paying for to work.

Regards to all

Ron

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: only 2 ports working on a 4 port modem help to fix required

@ronnielanham1 wrote:

Question 1. Can optus access my modem remotely?

Yes. If you look at your logs you will see TR-069 entries, that is how they connect remotely to your modems. What exactly they can do remotely at either a technical level or a support level, I have no idea, but they definitely do have remote access.

2. I have a large monthly account with optus 100/40 fetch tv and 2 mobile phone, do they treat everyone like this?

Yep. Its not like they have a flag on their screens that customer support people can see that says "This is a good customer, give them better support then other customers."

Sorry I expect a service I am paying for to work.

You're expecting just way too much 🤣.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: only 2 ports working on a 4 port modem help to fix required

Thanks I thought so re remote access to modem I will push a bit harder on that one> I am not after a world class service just a good one

0 Kudos