Just a quick update on above topic and I will included the non functional landline as on the 21-5-20 I spoke with a optus tech and we discussed issues relating to the second replacement modem received as in nonfunctional 3-4 ports on modem and the landline not working He could not fix the problem therefore he requested a case manager to deal with issues and said they would contact me within 24-48 hours. The CM called on the 26-5-20 to deal with the issues however could not said he would call me back 24-48 hours to definitely fix the problem received a 2 second call last night 29-5-20 which I missed as I am a shift worker in a health service however I called optus back whereby the person did say they would send an email to my CM and then said he would call me back within 5-10 minutes. I received a call from him this morning 30-5-20 11.30ish he request me to push/find the wps I was still at work which I explained and comment that I would when I got home at 4pm. He agreed and said he would contact me then 4pm. It is now 6pm no phone call.
This is a saga
1. original modem frozen on the 2-5-20 numerous msg to and fro
2. new modem ordered 5-5-20
3. received first replacement modem 13-5-20 installed on the 14-5-20 port 3-4 and landline didn't work requested optus help which failed to resolve issue.
4. Called optus on the Saturday 16-5-20 with these concerns they recommended a replacement which I received on the 21-5-20 not bad eh. no working port 3-4 or landline on optus modem.
5. Currently I am using port 1-2 from new optus modem Ethernet cable plugged into a 5 port switch whereby I can access my other networked device.
Question 1. Can optus access my modem remotely? 2. I have a large monthly account with optus 100/40 fetch tv and 2 mobile phone, do they treat everyone like this? 6-7 years customer al;ways pay bill on time! IS anyone else having issues with the F@st 5366 TN? Sorry I expect a service I am paying for to work.
Regards to all
Question 1. Can optus access my modem remotely?
Yes. If you look at your logs you will see TR-069 entries, that is how they connect remotely to your modems. What exactly they can do remotely at either a technical level or a support level, I have no idea, but they definitely do have remote access.
2. I have a large monthly account with optus 100/40 fetch tv and 2 mobile phone, do they treat everyone like this?
Yep. Its not like they have a flag on their screens that customer support people can see that says "This is a good customer, give them better support then other customers."
Sorry I expect a service I am paying for to work.
You're expecting just way too much 🤣.