cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Moderator Aman_B

Re: non direct debit fees

Apologies for the inconvenience caused @grumpy123. A non-direct debit fee is charged to cover our internal payment processing costs. You can set up direct debit online here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-set-up-change-or-cancel-direct-debit?requestType=... or can call 133937 and one of our agents can help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Cazz_Cool
New Contributor

I totally agree. It's the principle.

I just got off the phone with Optus regarding this charge (that I refuse to pay). I have been an Optus customer since 1999.

I questioned this charge as I pay via BPay by automatic bank transfer. The charge was removed form my mobile account no problem. However, the DSL account (which is bundled on the same bill) refuses to remove the charge.

This charge penalises customers who pay via alternative methods to the credit card/direct debit options.  Why should I be penalised? I have not ever paid my bill late. This is theft on a grand scale.  

Occasional Contributor grumpy123
Occasional Contributor

yes agreed and did you try optusnet sport on demand took 30 secs to get 1 sec of video absolutly crap

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hey @Cazz_Cool, the non-direct debit fee is usually applied at an account level, rather than to individual services. If the DSL service is on the same account number as the mobile service and you've been advised the fee was removed, that would apply to all services on that account number.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I have been getting the run around for 3 months over this $2 fee. Yesterday I was asked by the operator who I spoke to to remove the fees. The operator asked for their ID number. Of course I had no knowledge to even ask for an ID number. I've received no sms relating to my calls either so I can't track my enquiry/complaint.

I have resolved the issue by switching my business to another service provider for mobile/internet. Guess what? I can pay via PayPal with no non direct debit fees and I got a better price with more data.

After 18 years as an Optus customer I'm deeply disappointed with this money grabbing tactic. Its over, I'm done!

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

I'm really sorry to hear that @Cazz_Cool 😞 We'll certainly be sad to see you go.

I'll definitely pass your feedback on.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with in the future.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Optusno1
Occasional Contributor

Can you tell me what provider you went to? I may do the same  

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Can you tell me what provider you went to? I may do the same. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Can yiu tell me rhe provider as I may transfer as well. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Amaysim

$15 per month for 6 months reverting to $25 per month thereafter. Unlimited calls/texts 2GB data.

0 Kudos