Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: non direct debit fees

Hey DanHughes,

If email billing and direct debit has been set up, there shouldn't be the fees. Come through our chat here when you get a chance and we can check it out.

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor grumpy123
Occasional Contributor

i got charged both this bill - is it an optus tax - 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

same here and it started this billing cycle - as other have said this is just another way to extra $ for no actual work.  I have got rid of all my mobiles from optus - next broadband and so called entertainment.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Apologies for the inconvenience @grumpy123. All our home bundles are charged a non direct debit fee and also a paper invoice fee. The only way to avoid both of these is to change to online bills and set up direct debit. Please feel free to PM us → http://yesopt.us/pmaman and we can help with this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

really !

how comes its not been added before?  It seems to me this is just another optus addon - why are you charing becasue its not direct debit you would have systems in place to say if the bill has been paid- so paying on time doesnt incurr any additional charges to Optus

contract finishs soon and it will be bye bye. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor JackB83
New Contributor

I get charged both! Paper fee I can understand but non direct debit!! FML I have been an optus customer for nearing 20 years and have had the same mobile number for the past 16 years. I have to say with the current way service has been over the last 24 months I am going to start looking elsewhere and drop my optus mobile and eventually my internet (6 months to go) as being charged a free for not using direct debit is complete BULL

If I swap to direct debit and there is not funds in the account, my bank is going to charge me a $15 fee to honour the payment. So my bill of $166 a month quickly becomea $181 for a service that I can get elsewhere for the same price or less without money hungry fee. 

Occasional Contributor Optusno1
Occasional Contributor

I am so with you. I am going through the same thing. It is the principle. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor bizarre
New Contributor

I am going through the same also.  I have been optus home phone, broadband NOW NBN, 2 mobile phones for more than 2 decades and have nev er paid non direct debit fees.  This has only been added since I have had my Nbn installed.  I dont believe we should be charge this if you bill is paid on time.  I used to receive a paper bill for my home phone/internet and my mobile I organized to have account sent to mobile so NO paper charge etc only the 40.00 per month.  I then bpay.  Two months ago optus nbn decided to amalgamate both my homenbn/phone and my mobile account together so I am getting one bill sent to my phone.  I didnt authorise this or agree.  Now I receive an extra charge of 2.20.  I have run up each bill and been told I shouldnt be charged this amount as I bpay my bill.  I spoke to some one from the nbn section who I felt didnt want to listen to my side.  I have nothing but trouble since the change over to nbn from them ringiong 7 times wanting to install nbn (mind you it was already installed) to being told I owed 56.85 from broadband for that month (I was being charged nbn also). They cant seem to get it right.  I am wondering if I should have changed providers.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Apologies @JackB83, @Optusno1 and @bizarre for the hassle. To avoid Non Direct debit fee and Paper fee you;'ll have to change to online billing and also set up direct debit from your bank account or from credit card. Please feel free to PM us → http://yesopt.us/pmaman and we can help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Optus you really don't seem to get it.  For a start what is the point of doing a direct debit - it seems your bill changes every month anyway - so i will still have to go to do a BPay.  It's like going to a petrol station and gettting fuel - then to be told you need to pay extra because you didn't pay direct debit etc.

THE BILL GET PAID on TIME!!  

It's just another gorge.  

I see no reason to add this charge.  You cannot tell me it costs you extra if i pay my bill on time.  

I will be off very soon - Vodafone is going into fixed plans and i know there customer service is much better than yours.