Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor furythree
New Contributor

no self service direct debit option

hi

i followed the self help guide on how to set up direct debit however both the app and myaccounts steps do not work/are different to whats actually available. this is for my TWO optus cable accounts

the optus app launches but then shuts down saying i dont have an optus service

the myaccounts billing menu only has a paper manual form i need to complete an mail in

and telephone and chat reps cant set it up over the phone or online for me

i have a separate business mobile account with optus and was able to set it up in a minute online. why cant i do this for my personal? this is ridiculous as its 2016!

Tags (1)
4 Replies
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Re: no self service direct debit option

Hey furythree, are you on a stand alone Cable account? We actually have two places online to manage your Optus services. Our newer system is My Account and our older one, Member Services, was for our legacy Cable customers. More info on the differences here

Now for Direct Debit, Cable customers aren't able to do that through My Account 😞 You'll need to call our Customer Care team on 1300300693 and get that setup over the phone or have a Direct Debit authorisation form sent out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor furythree
New Contributor

i am using the newer My account to manage my two cable services. im aware of what they are and the differences

can cable customers set up direct debit via web chat? the queues are too long to call

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes - Live Chat will be able to add set up a direct debit for you. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor jcr67
Occasional Contributor

I just tried via chat. They said they can't. Ridiculous.

0 Kudos