Searching...

no-ip.com support on F@st 38640 modems

gdesilva

Hi,

Does anyone know whether there is new firmware which enables to use no-ip.com as the ddns provider on F@st 38640 modems? If so, can you please tell me where to download this firmware.

Thanks

Re: no-ip.com support on F@st 38640 modems

Yahhump

Are you on nbn? Because I believe Optus have started offering static ips for nbn again, so you might not even need the ddns anymore 

gdesilva

As far as NBN is concerned it is 'No Bloody Network (NBN)' here. We have infrastructure laid on the street but NBNCo cannot connect us! Looks pretty impressive on the NBNCo map in time for the Federal Election.

Thanks for the info but for the time being this is no consolation - NBNCo will not say when we will get NBN. Despite many complaints from many residents here all they are saying is 'there is a technical problem and we will advise you when it is fixed'!! - essentially shut up and put up with it.

I have asked the question from Sagemcom and if I get a response will post it here.

Thanks

Esther

Not too sure what you mean gdesilva? If there's a firmware update available it will automatically download to the modem, you're not able to manually download this. Hope this helps!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
gdesilva

I received a response from Sagemcom which states that there is no firmware upgrade which will enable No-IP.com support on these modems.

The only solution therefore is to use No-IP ddns client on a PC behind the router (or as mentioned by Yahhump above rely on static IP provided by the ISP) which does not suit all types of scenarios (unless of course, static IP is available for you). For example, if one has a voip handset using ddns to resolve its external address this will only work if the PC running ddns client is left on all the time or if one is lucky enough to subscribe to a service which provided static IPs by default. So, short of buying router which supports ddns providers other than Dyndns, one is forced to subscribe to Dyndns using these routers.

For information for those who are having the same issue.

Big_Russ

Recognising this is an aged thread, but the work around I ended up using was to add a rasperberry pi (powered from the usb port on the router) and install/use the no-ip linux dynamic updater https://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/installing-the-linux-dynamic-update-client/ 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
62 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos