Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
auschaz
New Contributor
New Contributor

no internet

I've had no internet since yesterday afternoon. I was told a technician would be coming today then recieved a text saying that was cancelled but I still have no internet connection. What the hell is going on?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: no internet

Your best bet would be to contact support, it’s likely that the fault is caused by a wider “outage” and as such an individual tech visit won’t solve the cause. 

However, without access to your account or fault docket we won’t know this. So please, call support for an update. It has barely been 24 hours since your service failed, so patience is also the key here, internet in Australia is “best effort” so you won’t get an immediate fix unless it’s something on Optus end.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Depending on the severity of the issue, we might organise a technician visit for the next day, but it's not normally the case.

Do you have the ticket number on hand? I'll go in and confirm whether we have another booking for you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SteveReaver
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You didn't say what area you are in, I currently have and Internet outage in my area Ryde/Eastwood in Sydney.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@SteveReaver, I've replied back to your other thread with a bit more info. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos