Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

no dial tone on fixed phone

Hi,

I have no dial tone on fixed phone. Internet browsing via broadband (NOT NBN) is OK.

Optus Cisco modem. Tel1 and Tel2 lights flashing

Turned modem off, disconnected all connections, waited 30 seconds, turned modem on. Connected only hand set. No dial tone. Tried different hand set. No dial tone. Does not ring if called from mobile device.

Self isolating due to being in high risk category.

Any assistance appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: no dial tone on fixed phone

Hey @FFAWNKER, 

Thanks for reaching out; Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your home phone connection have 

I can appreciate during this time; not having a working phone can be pretty frustrating. It looks like you have tried all the troubleshooting and isolation tests that we would normal ask.

I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries only:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet)

. No Phone connection (no active phone service, with alternative device such as a mobile to use)  

If you mention that you were sent through by ChristianYC they'll be able to help you out. Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks. I don't normally use Facebook and never Twitter but will try Facebook. Appreciate your help
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I did go to the Facebook site and left a message. Optus answered with lots of suggestions for checking mobile service which was of no use.

Over night the fixed phone has started working! Yeah!

0 Kudos