cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

new modem

When you receive a replacement modem, the leaflet says    Note:..... visit newmodem.optusnet.com.au

This address then presents with a small login screen.

What name and password is used here?  Neither my optusnet email and password, nor my member services email and password work here.  (Have verified my optusnet email login and password by sucessfully logging into web mail so its not me!)

In any case, what is the purpose of visiting this site when you get a replacement modem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: new modem

That's a good question. If your service is DSL then often the password for your modem authentication is different to your email address password or members service. For NBN or Cable I didn't think there was any other combinations. What service do you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: new modem

Hey @WesBrown, sorry to hear about your new modem login issue. Were you able to speak with someone in this regards since posting? This login is your actual modem login details. Which you can find at the back of the modem (sticker). Username is most cases is admin and password is whats mentioned there. If for any reason it still does not work then chat with our Tech Support directly to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos