Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Big-Jam
New Contributor
New Contributor

new modem/router set up + home phone + fetch

im trying to set up a new upgraded modem/router - but i dont know my original optus password from when i got my internet years ago and this seems to be preventing me from c ompleting the set up.

i am unable to get through to anyone and with 3 high risk people at home and now working from home myself it is having a big impact on my job and home life as the the optus supplied sage com just cant keep up

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: new modem/router set up + home phone + fetch

@Big-Jam wrote:

im trying to set up a new upgraded modem/router - but i dont know my original optus password from when i got my internet years ago and this seems to be preventing me from c ompleting the set up.

This new upgraded modem/router, I assume its not a new Optus one correct?

What type of internet do you have? Is it NBN, and if so what type (FTTN/FTTC etc.)?

0 Kudos
Big-Jam
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey, yeah it’s a Netgear nighthawk not Optus supplied and internet connection is ADSL
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Sorry, don't know about passwords for DSL, just know that with NBN FTTN/FTTB the VDSL connection does not require a login/password.

When you say "sage com just cant keep up" is it just the wifi or the internet as a whol? If its the wifi then nothing stopping you using the nighthawks wifi in conjunction with the sagemcom's internet connection.

0 Kudos
Big-Jam
New Contributor
New Contributor

Both really, there multiple devices 3 computer and to fetch boxes running at the same time at the moment due to everyone being home, how would you use the modem together? Honestly I’ve tried everything I can find to contact Optus just to get the password, thats all I need
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

how would you use the modem together? 

You would plug the nighthawk's wan port to one of the LAN ports on the sagemcom. you then configure the nighthawks "WAN connection type" to "Automatic IP"/"Dynamic IP" or DHCP.

This basic configuration will allow all devices connected to either routers full internet access.

The only problem you will have with this basic configuration is devices connected directly to the nighthawk will no be able to connect to device directly connected to the sagemcom and vice versa.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors