cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

new 4g mobile broadband B818 modem

Just received B818 modem yesterday and still not connected .The sim will not activate . Its been turned on all night from 1pm yesterday .

Optus unable to help on the telephone was told they dint activate sims on the 133937 number was told to visit the local Optus store .

Its still not activated and have run out of Options .

Optus going to get one great big complaint 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: new 4g mobile broadband B818 modem

Hi,
Happening to me.

Have you gone to local store to get activate?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey, @Alken, we're making the most of not so great situation. We're trying our best to help those without access to a working service. 

If you're without any form of internet service, I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 

· No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

· Desktop users (follow the steps listed under, “How to message us.”

· Mobile users 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Went to the store.
Had to cancel the service. Buy the modem and take out month to month service to get another sim
Not happy
But problem solved
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

It wasn't solved by any Optus telephone or chat staff.
Your wasting your time talking to these fellow as they are just not interested in helping.
It was a nice Asian guy at optus capalaba who helped and he went out of his way to fix the faulty Sim Card.
Al's don't go to Optus Wynnum store as they are lazy retards tgat also we're not interested in helping.
The new service works great 219 mb download speed and 28 upload on 4g with new B818 modem.
I'm just annoyed at what Optus put me through trying to fix a faulty sim card.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Also why do you call me Alken it's obviously I typo when a lazy person didn't check work.
My name is Allen..
I know it won't change because no one interested
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

i had no internet .... i called your 13 number numerous times .No ine was interested ti help .

I dint have facebook or twitter ....Why suggest that when internet not working you idiot 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

why suggest facebook or twitter when i have no internet dumbo .... im sure Some Optus staff are just so bloody stupid 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There's really no need for that. We're doing all we can on our side.

I didn't think it was a stretch to assume that if you're posting on a forum, that you might have some access to the internet.

@Alken.

If you're without any internet service, you can also contact us on 13397. Ignore the first prompt and select your enquiry from the automated response. You'll be directed to a team that will be able to help. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We do have community guidelines that we expect our contributors to follow. A breach may result in us removing your ability to post on our forum. You can find our guidelines in my tag below. All we ask is for a bit of patience. 

We understand the impact to our customers, but at the same time our staff are also under the pump and are making the most of a bad situation. 

0 Kudos