Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Bigkingfish
New Contributor

networking with a E5776s wireless 4G modem

Hi All,

I need to do 2 things with my Optus Wireless modem.

One is to be able to port forward or similar so as I can view my CCTV vision remotely on a smart phone.

2nd thing is I need to increase my Wifi footprint in the house and want to add wifi boosters etc. On a non-wireless modem, I would normally come off the ethernet port of the router and hardwire a wifi extender via cat5e cable to far parts of the house.

Cheers in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: networking with a E5776s wireless 4G modem

Hi there, advanced settings such as port forwarding are out of our support boundaries, however, there's heaps of great pages on the web around the subject 😉 With that said, generally speaking, our mobile broadband modems alone would support it though. As for extending your WiFi network, you'd just need to purchase a network extender or repeater. Any good hardware store should be able to go through a few options with you 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor TPryor
New Contributor

HELP

I have E5776 4G, currently in 3G area.  Can this device be manually changed to 3G only to prevent constant drop out and reloading of pages.

I tried but option is grey'ed out "Auto" only.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

We can help 🙂 In Settings, click Dial-up > Mobile Connection > Set Connection mode as Manual > click Apply and this will enable you to set your wireless dongle to connect on to 3G only. Let us know how you go. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor TPryor
New Contributor

Hi Pete,

Sorry this did not help.  I followed your instructions and changed my mobile setting to manual, applied, then proceeded to network settings and again "Auto" is grey'd out, not enabling me to choose 3G.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Not too sure why that didn't work for you - Pete confirmed he tried it here and it seemed to work. Might be best to give our techs a buzz on 131344 and they can talk you through it.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Even
New Contributor

There are some simple steps for port forwording:

• Login to your router via the default gateway address.
  • Enter your router credentials into the login page. I.e(device, username, password)
  • Next, locate the port forwarding settings. Typically this will be under Advanced and then Port Forwarding or Virtual Server.
  • On the Port Forwarding page enter in a name for your device like, “Camera”. Then enter the port you are forwarding in the port field. Select “TCP/UDP” or “Both” under Protocol if you are unsure which protocol you are using. Next, enter the internal IP address of the device you are port forwarding to and click “Apply” or “Save” to store the changes.
  • Finally, check to see if the port is open by going to http://www.portchecktool.com. Enter the port number you have forwarded and click “Check Your Port”.
  • You should now be able to connect to your device via a web browser. Simply enter your hostname followed by the port number into the address bar. For example http://hostname.ddns.net:8000.

Hope this will help you.

0 Kudos