cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

bren39
New Contributor
New Contributor

nbn dropout

Hi. Looks like I'm just another victim of Optus' rubbish service. My home internet fttn has been running slow or dropping out for the last 3-4 weeks and intermittently for the last year. I have called and been told that it has been fixed several times only to have it fail within a few days. I will be moving from Optus as soon as I can find a provider without terrible reviews. Too hard to et one with consistent good ones. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: nbn dropout

Hey @bren39. its certainly not great to see that you feel this way - we would hate to see you leave the network and so would be more than happy to assist with your connection. Have you tried Troubleshooting as of yet? Doing so, will just complete some essential maintenance to help better the connectivity from your premise. Give those a shot and see how you go. 

Should you continue to have issues after this, please send through your service details to our 24/7 Messenger Teams on the Optus App and we will run some checks and get back to you with some more information

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@bren39Looks like you have not done much google searching as you would have already found a number of other NBN RSP's to move to.

0 Kudos
bren39
New Contributor
New Contributor

As I wrote in mw comment, I am trying to find a provider with good reliability reviews. They all seem as bad as each other. Optus have tried several times over the last weeks to rectify this fault but we keep getting the same answers. "have you reset the modem, have you turned off the power etc. etc."

They have finally decided to send a tech. to our house to actually try to fix it.

I have my fingers crossed but don't have high hopes.

0 Kudos
bren39
New Contributor
New Contributor

As I said in my original post, I'm looking for one with consistently good, genuine reviews. Seems they're all similar, so I'll just have to find the least worst.
0 Kudos
bren39
New Contributor
New Contributor

We'll see after the tech. comes to have a look at what we have and why it's still so bad.
0 Kudos