cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

members.optusnet.com.au FTP has stopped working

I use FTP to upload files to members.optusnet.com.au. This stopped working on the 11th December & no matter what I try I cannot resolve the problem.

So when I try to connect with Filezilla I get the response 530 Login Incorrect.

Tags (1)
50 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: members.optusnet.com.au FTP has stopped working

Same problem here

After trying most things, i gave up and tried ringing Optus help.

After going through the interminable "press here" guff, i got put through to a person who knew nothing re the problem so put me through to  "Optus premium ???" who wanted $90 before putting me on a list to call me back.

Help via phone is useless.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Anyone???

I have tried using WinSCP ( which was setup with password and working )

and also tried via manual connect using command prompt as administrator.

I know the password is correct as i can still connect to my email accounts directly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same has happened to my account. Knowing how bad Optus phone support I have waited in hope the issue would resolve itself. Sadly this has not eventuated. I plan to change ISPs rather than deal with Optus support. Bye Bye Optus!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@bluey_goat, I'm actually trying to establish which team is responsible for maintaining Members services/web space. It's an old legacy product which probably explains why you're having such a tough time finding an agent with knowledge on the topic. 

As soon as I have more information, I'll update this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Gday Dan

> It's an old legacy product which probably explains

> why you're having such a tough time finding an agent with knowledge on the topic. 

FTP is not a legacy product???

FTP is simply an industry standard means to access a small amount of webspace allocated to users based on their username.

I tried several times to contact someone with any knowledge of this, but every time, i get put through to a private industry call centre ( ie $90 before we talk to you ) mob.

It used to work and its now stopped for me ( and a lot of others it seems ), thus blocking my access to my data.

If it is legacy, why wasnt i told, and why is my data still there????

ie i can still see it and grab it ( if i know the exact url ) but i cant access it.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I know what an FTP client is...,the issue is that users of Optus Webspace are being advised that the we no longer support FTP. An example I received from another customer below using FileZilla. 

I'm not saying that FTP is a legacy product. I'm saying that web hosting via Members services is a Legacy feature. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Gday Dan

> the issue is that users of Optus Webspace are being advised that the we no longer support FTP.

I havent had any advice???

Even on the one time i got through to the help desk, they knew nothing

Also, the error that everyone is getting is merely saying we cant login

not that the service is discontinued???????

ie on using CMD.exe and logging in as admin, i can connect to the

Optus FTP server and enter my username, but my password is rejected.

If the server is dead, why does it accept my username and prompt for a password?????

If it is truly discontinued, why werent we told beforehand???????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'll try and source some info for you tomorrow. I can't imagine that we'd suddenly disable the feature knowing that customers are still out there using it. As soon as I have more info, I'll let you know. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Gday Dan

Thanks for at least trying

One thing i note was the error example you posted was members.optuszoo

my connection is members.optusnet

ie i use

> ftp members.optusnet.com.au

i then get back

> 220 Optusnet WebSpace FTP Server ready.

> User (members.optusnet.co.au:(none)):

i enter my username and then get

> 331 Password required for <username>

> Password:

On entering my password i get

> 530 Login incorrecet.

> Login Failed

So the server is there but its not happy.

0 Kudos