Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor cheeseboi
New Contributor

Re: members.optusnet.com.au FTP has stopped working

hello Dan_C, I have just sent you a PM - really hope to get a response from you. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I have been having this issue for MONTHS and still no joy. Is there a fix or is it that since the NBN was FORCED on us, Optus no longer cares? I have tried so many ways to access the webspace and nothing???? I have tried it with optusnet and optuszoo and neither works.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 OptusNet WebSpace FTP Server ready.
Command: USER pendaws
Response: 331 Password required for pendaws
Command: PASS **********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Any help available or, do we just suck it up and try elsewhere?

Curmudgeon
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @pendaws, I have a bit of experience with this one. Can you fill out the template below and that through via PM?

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Account number:

Optusnet username:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ross068
New Contributor

Hello Dan,

I have the same problem. If Optus has stopped supporting FTP then they should have contacted all users by email and given them say one month's notice. To just shut it down is totally unacceptable! If it has been stopped I request that it be reopened for a limited time to allow users to transfer the site to another web host.

I also notice that your last post was about a month ago. Could you please update the members of this forum as to the present situation.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It hasn't been shut down @Ross068.

I can't remember why this had occurred, but I still have the tools required to fix this. 

Can you send us a PM with your account details? I need your full name, DOB, account number & email address.

→ http://yesopt.us/pmdan.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Zeb_
New Contributor

He guys, I am also having issues trying to connect via FTP to my space is somone able to assist me please?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ross068
New Contributor

I have contacted OPTUS and they informed me that FTP is no longer supported. Looks like they just shut it down without notifying anyone! Very poor customers relations. I'll now have to set up my site with someone else. Bah!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Sparrow74
New Contributor

Tried FTP. It's fine. Again either contact Dan with info to reset account or contact Optus to reset account. Most likely the person you talk to won't have any idea what you are talking about with FTP so just explain there is a problem and as in electronics turn it off and back on, reset the account, and it should be fine. Just make sure your password is in the correct format.  Like most things in the tech industry sometimes a component doesn't quite wake in the right  state so when Optus did a system rebuild at some time in the past a few accounts didn't quite wake in the right state. I simply asked the Optus operator to reset the account and I had to redo a password that wasn't quite in the right format. All webspaces then worked fine. Still do. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
New Contributor skids
New Contributor

Hi @Dan_C

please fix up my members.optusnet.com.au webpage too

i get

Error starting internet seeion : The Password was not allowed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @skids, we can no longer take personal details on the Yes Crowd platform. 

If you like, send a message to our Social service team on Facebook or Twitter. They'll send out a secure ID verification form. 

Link back to this thread and the guys will shoot through your details. I'll then be able to go in and sort this one out for you 🙂