Searching...

Re: members.optusnet.com.au FTP has stopped working

[ Edited ]
Pulv3rizA

Have just started experiencing the same problem being unable to connect to members.optusnet.com.au web space via ftp, only with certain secondary usernames. Seems to have affected secondary usernames / web space that I setup past a certain point in time. I'm still able to login via ftp to the web space for my original primary and oldest secondary usernames. Anything that was setup from around 2008 onwards seems to now be experiencing the "Response: 530 Login incorrect. Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server" ftp error. One of my affected web spaces, can confirm it still exists with a single file visible when visiting it in my browser. Just unable to login successfully along with the rest of my affected secondary usernames. All web space ftp logins were working properly up until recently. Login credentials are all correct but don't work on affected usernames.

Dan_C

@Pulv3rizA, send the usernames through and I'll send them across to our fixed product manager. We've had a couple of customers come through advising that the issue has been resolved (at least on an individual user level) I'm not too sure what the actual issue entails.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Solution

AJ12345

Gday Dan

As per PM

i can now connect using both my usernames Smiley Happy

Many thanks for the effort

Andrew

JulianL

I have the same problem, I only noticed yesterday. Does anybody have a fix or a way to contact Optus about this?

JulianL

Hi Dan, I'm experiencing the same issue with my web space when I attempt to connect via FTP. It seems my files are no longer appearing in my browser when I hit the page that worked up until recently.

Do you know how I can contact Optus about this? Phone call to Optus was a pointless waste of 30 minutes when I tried.

Toomey

Hey @JulianL, we can definitely check it out. Please use a private message to send us your username and we'll send it off.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

neilmot

members.optusnet.com.au FTP has stopped working.

I can no longer log in to my user webspace with one of my user names at members.optusnet.com.au. Can anyone help?

neilmot

This problem was fixed in a few minutes, thanks to Moderator Dan_C. All I did was send my Full name, DOB and Optus A/C number to Dan in a private message and problem solved. To send a private message click your Yes Crowd nickname (top right), select Messages, then Compose a Message. In the "To" box, type a Moderator's nickname, eg Dan_C. Hit Send.

vk7oo

Lucky for you, I started this thread and Dan_C has my details but me the problem is not fixed.

Sparrow74

Try resetting your password on your email account to at least 8 characters including a capital and a digit.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
94 Kudos
83 Kudos
43 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos