cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

mail block review

I am having an email address blocked with the reply Mail Block Review.

This is the second time in twelve months it has happened with their email address.

I have been emailing this supplier for over five years.

Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: mail block review

Can you provide us with more information? I've not heard of that particular message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is the email I keep receiving when I email my supplier, and I've been emailing them for more than six years. And my email is not sent. Still happening, very annoying.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email titled 'mail block review '. Optus welcomes your feedback and the opportunity to address your concerns.

All OptusNet email is subject to the Optus Spam & Phishing Filter.

Thankyou for notifying us regarding your filtering issue.

Please ensure you have sent the original mail 'as is'

to hidden or simply add the mailblock review address to your original mail-out list.

We need to view the email exactly as it was originally sent, so please do not forward or send it as an attachment.

Please send a separate email to hidden explaining your role and the purpose of the original email.

Ensure that you reference the original email in the subject line and provide your contact details so that we can reach you

In most cases we will advise you of the outcome of the review within 2 business days via a return email.

Please be assured that Optus takes complaints regarding mail seriously and your concerns have been forwarded to the Optus Internet Abuse Team for their immediate attention.

Also please note that in compliance with the Internet Industry Association's Spam Code of Practice Optus has taken the following steps to minimise spamming of and by OptusNet users:

* Spamming by Optus Internet users is prohibited in our Acceptable Use Policy and Terms and Conditions of Use (found at http://www.optus.com.au/sfoa).

* We have installed relay protection mechanisms to prevent spammers from using a relay to evade detection.

If you would like more information relevant to email marketing in Australia, we refer you to the website of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)

http://www.acma.gov.au/spam

http://www.acma.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WEB/STANDARD/1001/pc=PC_310534

Regards,

Optus Consumer Solutions Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted

HI @MurBen, can you make sure you have not accidentally marked that email as spam or junk. Check out this → email settings page for more info.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Kartika, why isn't Optus webmail accepting my Optus password and I'm already logged in?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Kartika,

why isn't Optus accepting my Optus password to access Optus webmail? and I'm already logged in to Optus?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Murben,

If you can try to supply a bit more detail in your comments that will help.

The login to https://www.optus.com.au/my-account is not necessarily the same as to https://webmail.optusnet.com.au/

Are they the two systems you were referring to?

@Kartika - there is no mention of "spam" in the Webmail Help article you linked to. What exactly did you want MurBen to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That's strange, @MurBen.

Just to clarify, are you logged into your Optus Webmail but still being asked for a password? It looks like a password reset could fix this.

Since we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Dave-P,

Kartika just wanted to confirm if the email id the email id being sent to isn't marked as spam. He also shared the Webmail Help Guide for further information about webmail.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors