Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

live chat not working

Hi All,

I'm trying to register for myaccount but couldn't progress far. I've been trying to get onto live chat support and it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone tell me please if live chat is working?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: live chat not working

Yes the live chat has been experiencing problems of late due to a high volume of people using it. Some people have suggested it is not working at all however I think you find it simply busy which tends to make people believe it's not working. What do you see or don't see when you try the live chat link?

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi yeldarb,

From the url you sent, I click on Personal-> Broadband & NBN. From there, selecting any of the options doesn't give me a chat window. It appears that it's not doing anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm I tried the same and got a popup window as shown below. I am wondering if it's a browser related problem such as popup blockers or JavaScript issues or such. Do you have another browser you can try or another device?

live-chat2.jpg

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

it's still not working on my mac.

I do get the pop up using my phone. I still couldn't get someone to chat to as the window showed they're all busy.

Thanks for your help yaldreb.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You are 2nd or 3rd person in the past couple of days using a Mac that has mentioned this issue. I think I tried my iPhone to see if that link would work and it did. It might be something pertaining to the full Mac OS that is not compatible.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey guys, I just had an update today that fixes were implemented to resolve the issue with chat room links not working. Please try clearing your cache and cookies and everything should be good to go (let me know if it's not!)

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

working on a windows PC here. it works sometimes, others it doesn't. I have the same issue of no response on some occasions, but others get the window and pop up with still a queue. 

It think it is typical of the poor service you get accustomed to with Optus. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I use Win10 with Chrome and have the same issues. Typical cheap and nasty Optus incompetence.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

When I called via telephone there was a 45 minute wait. I hung up which Optus obviously want us to do.

0 Kudos