Searching...

just moved to optus cable, why is it so pathetically slow?? cooling off period to disconnect??

jimbobkimbob

Just moved from iinet naked adsl to optus cable 30m/s to get prem league, boy oh boy what a shock. It moves to a crawl in the afternoon or all weekend. Even when its at peak speed it seems much more unstable than the lesser tech adsl. is there a cooling off period to cancel my contract? its been 3 days since connected. seriously my missis is about to kill me because she now cant skype to her fam in england because i wanted football, im a dead man if this isnt fixed.. :-(

Re: just moved to optus cable, why is it so pathetically slow?? cooling off period to disconnect??

jimbobkimbob
Last Result:
Download Speed: 8084 kbps (1010.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1193 kbps (149.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 24 ms
Jitter: 4 ms
6/19/2016, 6:36:11 PM

Re: just moved to optus cable, why is it so pathetically slow?? cooling off period to disconnect??

jimbobkimbob

nothing but speedtest running in the household 

Last Result:
Download Speed: 4797 kbps (599.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 924 kbps (115.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 27 ms
Jitter: 11 ms
6/19/2016, 9:05:45 PM

[ Edited ]
Y_N

one of us, one of us, one of us,

Untitled01.jpg

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Cooling-Off-Periods/td-p/126792

hey jimbobkimbob,

welcome to the forum.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/A-Warning-to-Optus-get-your-house-in-order-befo...

those links might not be true, but they are out there.

ive seen another post somewhere else that said go to the ACCC or the TIO, and tell them the service is crap and you want another chance at life without Optus. 

feel free to search the forum while you wait for better help. 

all the best

Y_N?

jimbobkimbob

thanks for the advise, i wonder if A current affair or today tonight would run a story on how ship optus is.

[ Edited ]
macnaz

I feel for Jimbo  ,  i was stupid enough to switch over from Iinet naked last friday as well.

As soon as it was connected i was over the moon when i hit 30Mpbs but once 4pm hit i was down to 3 pretty much until midnight and the same all weekend Smiley Sad

I must say my speeds seem to be good as im writing( 27Mpbs5.10pm  @ 2190 )  so ill give them a few weeks and make a fair judgement . 

I have a heap of account issues i need to get sorted before i worry about the speed stuff.

Hang in there.

jimbobkimbob

yeah mine through speed test is roughly around where it should be but now iv discovered another optus feature. Torrent throttling!!

It gets better hahaha 

12345678abv
Highlighted

Hollie

Heya @jimbobkimbob, definitely not the type of experience we want for our customers & we definitely don't want to cause marital problems Smiley Sad Are you able to PM me your Internet username or Optus account number so I can have a look into your service and see if there is anything we can do?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos