Searching...

increased spam and reporting it

Slater

G'day guys. Long term customer. I rarelly sign up for stuff or give out my email address yet the last 6-8 months, it would seem the spam has gone through the roof. I've seen the question asked here at least once with no resolution. I've reported the same domain name(s) hundreds of times via webmail but the same domain name(s) keep flooding in. Has Optus backed off their spam filter or something? What does the "report spam" button in webmail actually do other than move the offending email to the spam folder? Does it actually report it?

Re: increased spam and reporting it

Davelew

Hi

As you say there are many posts regarding Optus email and spam.

The best solution I believe is to migrate to Gmail or similar, and this seem to work for most people.

A little work for a lot of gain.

The other advantage if at some time you leave Optus you don't lose your email 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

neyla12

Thanks for helping.

Slater

yep, it's easy enough to swap to a gmail account or something. However, the OP was asking if Optus plan on doing anything about the spam influx and what the "report spam" button does in webmail. Not much for both I'm tipping.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos