cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

impossibly slow internet and cuts off during the week days

3 weeks ago the internet was virtually cut off and barely able to use it - sure that was due to the "maintainence" but then after those two weeks of barely being able to have any working internet for the past week it has been just incrementally better but barely able to get anything to load and good luck streaming anything as that is atrocious and so much buffering and poor quality that there is no point to try until the issue is solved. Before three weeks ago the internet was working really well. whats the issue? and how can i get it fixed quickly since I really really need the internet to be working.

7 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: impossibly slow internet and cuts off during the week days

I have the same issue. The internet would be fine for weeks then it would just be terrible all the sudden. 

While its going slow could you open command prompt (push the Windows key+R key and type cmd then enter) and type ping www.google.com and post a screenshot or reply back what it says?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @rebecca_h and @Bafftub, we're sorry to hear about these issues. Please ensure you log them with our Tech Support team so that they can be investigated. Tech Support are available 24x7 via LiveChat

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

would love to post a screenshot but it's not letting me... and i have tried contacting the live chat but i don't exactly have all night to wait till a consultant becomes available to assist... is there any other way to try get the issue fixed since it is not getting any better but even worse today and it is NOT the traffic or the amount of people connected to the internet since today was only one person and the internet did it's usual cutting off and on and slowing down to whatever is slower than a sloth speeds.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @rebecca_h, appreciate that this would be really frustrating 😞

If you've been unable to get through to our Faults team I would recommend checking out our troubleshooting guides HERE which are pretty helpful.

If you still need a hand after running through the steps, feel free to PM me with your username/account number so I can run a few tests. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I finally got through to live chat but while they were running their tests I got disconnected... This happened twice. I have pm'd you my account number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Having the same trouble, they are clearly not interested in helping us. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That's definitely not good to hear @SighOptus. Had you managed to have a chat with our faults team → 131344. If so had you been provided with any fault reference numbers that we can follow up for you? Happy to help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos