cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor SorryThisNickna
Occasional Contributor

impossible to opt-out from the change of privacy policy for sale of information to 3rd party

Received an email about change to privacy policy allowing sale of private information to a 3rd party. Clicking on the link for opt-out brings me to the privacy policy. Clicking on the opt out link "www.optus.com.au/intouch" brings me to account login. I login but there is no indication where to choose to opt-out. I call Optus (bad, bad move).... after 5 minutes going through the menus, I get to the option where the best one is change to a plan. Optus sends me a text message and hangs up! How difficult is it to talk to someone (as the email and privacy policy suggests). Opt-out should be a simple login and click. Have lodged a complain to the TIO. Not happy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: impossible to opt-out from the change of privacy policy for sale of information to 3rd party

Profile/General Marketing.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Re: impossible to opt-out from the change of privacy policy for sale of information to 3rd party

Hey @SorryThisNickna, this has been raised and the link will be updated ASAP with instructions. To opt out please visit http://www.optus.com.au/intouch or log into your My Account. Once logged in, go to Profile > General Marketing > Un check 'Share anonymous insights with 3rd parties' > Save Preferences. Let me know if you need a hand doing so. Casey

0 Kudos
Contributor Barfly
Contributor

This type of BS should always be opt IN not out. 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
What do I know? I'm just a paying customer.
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

We appreciate the feedback, @Barfly and I'm happy to pass this on for you. If there's anything we can assist with in the meantime please don't hesitate to let us know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos