Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: huawei E5251 modem

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey 3burns2 - I don't think those modems should be locked to our Network, there may be some settings you'd need to change if using another providers SIM but I don't believe they are locked to our Network.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Contributor Estyle
Contributor

Do you already get the Huawei E5251 Modem unlocked?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mon2
New Contributor

Is the HUAWEI E5251 locked to the Optus network?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Mon2, yes it is. You can find info on unlocking devices HERE

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Mon2
New Contributor

Thx for the quick reply and link @AlexRH. It will cost $25 to unlock my Huawei E5251 WiFi modem. As I only purchased it for $19 (on sale) and it’s only 3G capable this seems a bit steep for me - I was crossing my fingers that it would be free 😜 but alas, no.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Ahh yes, If you haven't recharged over a total of $80 over the life of the service then you will be charged $25 to unlock the device. Let us know if you need a hand with anything else. Casey 

0 Kudos