Searching...
Accepted Solution

how do i find the number of my prepaid sim card

optuskrap

Re: how do i find the number of my prepaid sim card

shooterau

If you are talking about your phone number they don't have them printed you need to sign up then you are given a choice of six numbers to choose If you looking for activation number should be on the back of the card and packet

Xenomorph

Hi @optuskrap!

Newly bought SIM card doesnt have a registered mobile number. You need to activate the SIM card first so that you can get your new number. You can do the activation on this link. Please make sure that you have your ID handy since you will be needing it. You can use Medicare Card, Passport or License. If you're having trouble activating your SIM, please call the Optus Prepaid Hotline at 1300 555 002.

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

Esther

Hey there - what did you need a hand with? The SIM card number itself is printed on the SIM - if you're referring to a mobile number this would be assigned when you activate the SIM or if you bring another number across (porting). Let us know if you need a hand with anything else.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Carpe_Diem

I've had a prepaid optus phone for approx 18 months that I need to unlock, but on the optus unlock page it asks for the optus mobile number, I never used the number that came with the phone and my current number is no longer with optus, so I just entered my current mobile number and it jumped to a new screen saying "The mobile device is not a locked Optus prepaid mobile device", but I assure you it is and I can't use any other operator's sim with it. Please help!

Solution

Ray_YC

Have you got the original SIM card number?

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
39 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
19 Kudos