Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
IJ
Contributor
Contributor

home phone

Hi in my past post, I have fibre connected to the house that part is finished but found out I have no light no  feed from the other side of the node, ?

I can wait but my home phone line has been disconnected and cut with new works.

Does : Yes Crowd have an answer, going on 4 weeks no phone how do I transfer my phone to my mobil, having trouble connecting to Optus for help we are elderly and need home phone connected

0 Kudos
7 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: home phone

Why not just ask people to call your mobile?

You should be able to set your home phone number to forward automatically to your mobile number but you might need to contact Optus for that. Yes its apparently a long wait etc.

Do you have a big NBN box on your wall for the fibre? What street and postcode are you in (just roughly). I'm surprised your fibre connection is not activated.
0 Kudos
IJ
Contributor
Contributor

The grey box is connected to the house and also inside is complete NBN modem connected but no service when Optus modem operating .

Colemans Road 3175

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Wow. You're about 500m away from where I'm sitting at work (as the crow flies).

You should be all setup to go and just need the line activated (no home visit etc. needed). The easiest way to get your home phone up and working is just get the NBN connection running.

First thing to check is you should have a fairly big NBN box on the wall inside? It should have 4 or so CAT5 ports in it for plugging in the Optus modem to. So as a check:

1) You chould have a CAT5 (network) cable from the NBN box to the WAN port on the Optus modem (will usually be a different colour)
2) Try plugging your landline phone directly into the Optus modem. It should have a small phone port for it. See if you can get a dial tone.
3) In turn, try each of the ports on the NBN modem (i.e. switch the cable to port 1, port 2, etc.) and check for the phone dial tone each time.

What do the indicator lights on the Optus modem do?
IJ
Contributor
Contributor

I checked and changed some plugs as you suggest, restarted no change, Rechecked Optus instructions changed restarted ,shows no internet on NBN modem and no internet or phone on Optus modem I have no internet line service both red   

phone has engaged signal Optus modem nothing on NBN modem

disappointing when my phone was disconnected from old service from Telstra to Optus my phone should have been linked directed to my iPhone as a safety connection issue 

answer to your question earlier about family they will not call Mobils from the country 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"but found out I have no light no feed from the other side of the node"

So who told you this? I would suggest you need to get onto Optus again and just request they activate your connection (or get the NBN to) see what they say.

Alternatively (because Optus is pretty snowed under) you could try a second RSP temporarily. Being FTTP you have the big advantage of being able to have more than one RSP connected to your home at the same time. They simply use one of the 4 plugs in you FTTP box.

I would suggest trying Aussie Broadband. They have a true month to month plan so you can leave anytime at no cost). The first month is free too. They also only have local Australian help desk so quite capable of talking you through things. They can at least check the NBN line and tell you if there's any issue flagged for your address.

I would suggest just let them assign a free landline number and you can give that to family and friends. Calls in cost nothing. Once you're setup you can decide how to proceed etc.

Note "Aussie Broadband" not "Australian Broadband"
IJ
Contributor
Contributor

Optus has redirected my home phone to my mobile.

Thanks Optus,

still waiting for final connection of line for NBN no fault of Optus 

IJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi just letting you know all my NBN Delay was a bad connection Out side to inside The home Phone works internet speed great