Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

home phone not working

I have been trying for 2 weeks to get my 87 year old mothers home phone working.  This is her only contact phone with the outside world - she lives on her own, and relies on this phone to contact people.  I have tried all the usual things to fix - rebooted modem, disconnected phone, tried a different handset - but the fault is with the line.  I have tried to phone the help line on numerous occasions.  I have been through the My Optus app this morning, and the end result was I was referred back to the help line.  I finally got through to someone on the help line, but was told they could only try and transfer me to the technical staff - but not to expect to get through. We need to get this line fixed.......

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: home phone not working

Can you confirm that you have the phone handset connected to the "Phone 1" port of the Optus modem, and no a normal phone socket in the house.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: home phone not working

Hey there rongreen,

What suburb/postcode are you located in? Have you checked for any known outages? Enter her location and tick the Fixed outages box.

Just a heads up as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

We suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet)

· No phone connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. If the landline is in your mother's name they will need to speak with her first to access the account.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos